website slowness with DHCP Cable Modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

website slowness with DHCP Cable Modem

Not applicable

I recently installed a PA-200 and many websites are either very slow to load or have to be refreshed multiple times in the browser.  Tried multiple browsers so not browser specific.  Running a PA-200 with DHCP to Time Warner on the Untrusted interface.  PA support had me change the MTU size on the untrusted interface to 1452 and also check "Adjust TCP MSS" but I am still seeing the issue.  I'm on 5.05 and have url filtering turned off.  Any ideas?

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

That is what was going on.  The checkbox is checked by default when configuring dhcp to get default route from the dhcp server.  I had also setup a 0.0.0.0/0 route in my virtual router.  Once i removed the 0.0.0.0 route all was good. I figured that out late last week.

Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions

Hi there.

Glad you figured it out.

Can you go back into your post, mark it as Correct, and then highlight my response as the correct answer?

This way, other people that search for similar info see the issue is resolved.

Steve

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!