02-24-2014 01:01 AM
As the title, for an example, I had a box and it's hardware license (as 'Premium Partner Support" license) is expired now, but the "Threat Prevention" or "Wildfire" license are available, what the box will be?
- We can also update the signatures and the functions work as before ?
- We cannot update the signatures any more, but the functions work as before ?
- We cannot update the signatures any morre, and the functions stop working ?
Which one is possible or correct action before only the hardware license is expired? Is there any documentation discuss about it? please provide me the documentation or url link if have. I'm so appreciated about it.
02-24-2014 01:08 AM
Without support you cannot update your Panos, you cannot open a case, You cannot also start an RMA when a hardware fail happens.
So it is very important to have that license.But you will be able to use threat and wildfire signatures indeed until expire time.
02-24-2014 01:09 AM
02-24-2014 01:23 AM
Thanks for your prompt reply, I have a question I want to make it clear after reading the link documents you provide.
As the previous environment : The Threat Prevention license is available, but the Support license is expired.
If the Support license is expired, I knew the softeware update will be not downloaded and install, but I didn't know the action of the dynamic updates.
- I can download and install the dynamic updates, and the TP database is workable
- I cannot download and install the dynamic updates, but the latest TP database is still workable
- I cannot download and install the dynamic updates, and the lastest TP database also stop working
Which one is right? In my understanding, it should be first, or not?
02-24-2014 01:27 AM
yes it should be first.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!