Yahoo Toolbar uses port 443. The application database on the PAN only looks for port 80.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Yahoo Toolbar uses port 443. The application database on the PAN only looks for port 80.

L1 Bithead

Hi, I noticed my PAN is blocking connections from my client computers to the yahoo toolbar over port 443. After looking around in the database I noticed that it's only looking for this app to use port 80. Is there a way for me to add port 443 to this application. Or can PAN update their app database? How do I do about making this request?

Thanks for your time,

Jeff 

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Also noticed the same kind of behavior with the carbonite app. Port 80 is OK, port 443 is bad... How can I allow carbonite on port 443?

I think for app-id to work over ssl, you'll need a decryption policy.  I haven't tried this in production, I think there needs to be some clear policy direction before something like this is initiated.

Cheers,

Mike

L5 Sessionator

How do you have your service field defines? Is it set to app-default? If yes, this will only allow traffic on 80 for y! toolbar. You can include port tcp/443 to allow this traffic over 443. I would recommend you to open a case with Support if you want port 443 included as part of yahoo-toolbar default ports.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!