youtube not working because recognized as google-video-base

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

youtube not working because recognized as google-video-base

L3 Networker

Hi,

when we browse to youtube and try to watch a video there is an error displayed and the video does not start.

This only happens when using Internet Explorer.

When i take google chrome it works.

I looked to the traffic log and see that google-video-base is blocked by our "deny all-cleanup rule". Youtube base is allowed and matches when i use chrome to access youtube but with IE another app seems to be recognized.

Have you seen this happening and have another way to solve but to allow google-video-base?

Running OS 5.0.5 with latest dynamic software updates. 

20 REPLIES 20

L6 Presenter

with both 402 and 403 application version that happens, replicated.better you open a case.

Regards.

What do you mean with 402 and 403? The version of the app and threat updates? I have 403-2012 since yetserday and before there was 401-1999.

I did´nt had a 402-xxx version anywhere.

I tried with 402-2007 and 403-2012

both same issue

Hi,

Seem to be an issue to due new certificate used in Youtube following Google integration.

As all these app are in HTTPS, App ID is based on certificates

Made lot of test and always been miss classified 😞

V.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Please open a case with TAC and attach the following to the case.

1. Techsupport

2. running config

3. Pcap of the traffic being identified incorrectly.

4. traffic logs

This will help TAC move this issue forward. Also explain the above in detail. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Numan

L3 Networker

Case created. google-video-base allowed as workaround.

Now waiting for further info.

cu all

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

I have followed up on the issue and it is being investigated by engineering team. Hope this helps.

Thank you

Numan

Hi,

i opened a case and wait for further details.

I know they are working on it.

But thanks for the info.

cu

Hello,

We have v405 working now and are finding that the vast majority of youtube videos are showing up as youtube-base and not youtube-safe, I have only found one vide so far that would play.

Is this only me or are others noticing the same.

Ian

I only noticed that most vidoes i tried are youtube-base and no more google-video now with 405.

But i don´t know how youtube-safe works. Haven´t used it / tried it.

L5 Sessionator

Hello Ian,

Can we make sure that the safety mode setting is selected on youtube's main page.

Its located at the bottom left hand side of the page.

youtube.PNG.png

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

Hello,

We have the same problem, i'm sure that safety mode is on.

Most videos are in youtube-base, not in youtube-safe. Our APP ver is 405-2020

Same here.

L1 Bithead

Hi, is anybody already fixed this problem?

• 20 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!