Azure SAML Authentication with multiple PAs

Announcements

Changes to the LIVEcommunity experience are coming soon... Here's what you need to know.

minow
L4 Transporter

Azure SAML Authentication with multiple PAs

Hey,

We have a GP configuration with 8 GP Gateways and 2 of them are acting as a GP Portal for backup.

We are using SAML authentication with Azure and wanted to know how to you deploy GP with SAML authentication in large scale.

Currently I have configured 3 SAML apps on Azure one for each PA device but I think it is not the right configuration since now I am getting that each SAML App's domain need to be unique and the Portal domain is for example: vpn.company.com and I need to deploy it to 2 SAML Apps.

My assumptions are that because we only use SP Initiated SAML authentication meaning that the authentication process starts at the PA device I can just add all of the domains that are relevant on a single SAML App and install that Metadata file on all of the Pas. Am I right ?

screenshot.png

sebastianvd
L3 Networker

I just have installed 2 standalone Palo Alto's with SAML. With only 1 Enterprise App in Azure.

So i don't think you need more apps.

Why would you need 2 Apps ?

minow
L4 Transporter

probably my missunderstanding.

so you have put both of the PA's URLs on the SAML App on Azure ? 

and import the metadata to both of the PAs ? 

thanks

sebastianvd
L3 Networker

Hi, 

Yes i've add both PA URL's in Azure in the same app, see below.

In our case we use an Azure Loadbalancer for the balanced portal configuration.

That portal points to the direct addresses of the firewall for the gateway connectivity.

See:

sebastianvd_1-1613568045808.png

The whole point of SSO/SAML is to use a single identity provider/authentication provider (Azure AD in this case) and have multiple serviceproviders (GP Portal and Gateways in this case) use it.

sebastianvd
L3 Networker

Did you manage to get it working ?

Tags (1)
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!