Chinese characters are populating automatically in GP username logging fiel

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Chinese characters are populating automatically in GP username logging fiel

L4 Transporter

I am having experience in the global protect agent login window when the user starts logging from the machine. Chinese characters are populating automatically in the GP agent username logging field window, and users have to clear the character to enter their username logging into GP.

And this issue came after the upgrade of the Palo Alto global protect 5.1.3 and

and my PAN-OS 9.0.7

GP.JPG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L2 Linker

Hi Mohammad_Yasin,

It's actually a bug and targetted to be fixed in GP 5.1.4 version, please check the GP 5.1.4 release notes once it's out.

Regards,
Salman Ahmed

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

I saw this occasionally on version 5.1.0-75 of the GP agent after we did an upgrade from 5.0.x via SCCM without doing a clean uninstall of the old client.  Generally we were able to fix this by simply going to Settings > Sign Out and then reconnecting.

Thank you for the update.

Yes, we are doing the same just simply going to Settings > Sign Out and then reconnecting. but every time we cant do this same.

I mean, once we disconnect and tried to connect next time its repeat. then again we follow these step Settings> Sign Out and then reconnecting.

Have you tried uninstalling the client, rebooting, and re-installing?  I believe that was another solution that worked for us.  The problem only seemed to affect clients upgraded from 5.0, not clean installs.

L2 Linker

Hi Mohammad_Yasin,

It's actually a bug and targetted to be fixed in GP 5.1.4 version, please check the GP 5.1.4 release notes once it's out.

Regards,
Salman Ahmed

Its not completely solved with 5.1.4 or 5.1.6

We discoverd Questionsmarks instead of Chinese Chars in the Username Field after Upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.1.6

See the post here

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/globalprotect-discussions/again-modified-username-in-gp-client-...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!