Global Protect - ARM64 - Service not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect - ARM64 - Service not working

L0 Member

Hi, 

We have installed Global Protect 6.0 onto a Surface Pro X running ARM64 processor but when starting Global Protect it instantly says 'Count not connect to Global Protect service. make sure Global Protect service is running. 

Have gone through the services and can see that GP is running. 

Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling but nothing has managed to get it working 

Hoping for any advise on how to resolve this issue 

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@dabooth1993,

I didn't have to do anything special on the Surface Pro X that I use for testing; just installed the agent and everything ran perfectly fine without any changes on my end. Does the PanGPS logs give you any additional insight? I doubt PanGPA would give you anything outside of it being unable to connect to the service, but might be worth checking there as well.

If the logs aren't showing you anything and this device has been used since its release, I might try resetting it and trying from a fresh image. 

L0 Member

I have the same issue trying to get GlobalProtect 6 to install in Parallels on Win11 on an M1 MacBook. The installer can't seem to install the Virtual Network adapter. Anyone have the same issue? Any solutions?

L0 Member

I am having the exact same issue. Similar to Jeneie seup, I am using GP on a virtual Win 11 machine built with Parallels on a M1 Max macbook. Any solution?

L0 Member

I hope this issue can be fixed. As a workaround i am using GP in MacOS and using "Shared Network" in Parallels so Win11 recognizes the VPN. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Has anyone actually raised a support case about the installer failing on Win11 ARM when using Parallels? I don't personally have anyone using this sort of install; if you have a macOS device and need Windows we simply give you a VDI machine to utilize for those applications rather than licensing Parallels. 

Support will likely tell you that they can't guarantee installations like that will actually function since you're using a virtualization layer that doesn't 100% implement the standard Windows network stack. If nobody reports the issue however it's also possible the appropriate PAN team doesn't even know its an issue, I doubt that's a scenario that they're actually validating. 

L0 Member

I am also using ARM64 Qualcomm snapdragon Gen8 cr3 and Win11 operating system to install the GlobalProtect64-6.1.0 but I could not get the virtual ethernet adapter installed. Have any one know the resolution? Many thanks.

• 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!