Global Protect Cannot Reconnect When a Proxy is Enabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Cannot Reconnect When a Proxy is Enabled

L1 Bithead

Hey PA LIVECommunity!

I have a weird issue...

Global Protect Fails to Connect after Disconnecting, stating it cannot reach the gateway. However, restarting the computer with the GP Client, and reconnecting it will succeed.

We've seen this on a handful of our Windows devices, and it seems to be slowly growing as first we only had four devices with this issue, now we're estimating around 20 devices are having this issue.

GP Client Version: 5.0.8-4
Windows Versions v1809, v1909

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Even I have the same problem, Only restarting will connect to Global protect and I also have the same version. In my case I get the following errors when I try to reconnect, My network is good, I even changed networks to test this. 

GlobalProtect_NoNetwork_connectivity.png

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I get that same exact error.  I'm working with PA Support on this, and they're a bit confused by the issue as well.

What version of Windows are you running, and what Global Protect client version are you running?

Hi,

I am using the below versions:

GlobalProtect: Version 5.0.8-4

Windows: Windows 10 Version 1809

Thank you, Ckarthik.

I added this Community post to my ticket with PA.  Hopefully when we figure it out they'll post here with the solution. 🙂

Let me know if you are able to find a fix for this issue, I appreciate your response.

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!