Global Protect client unable to browse network shares

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect client unable to browse network shares

L2 Linker

I have two windows endpoints that, once the user logs on to Global Protect, are unable to browse network shares.  The connection looks normal and the traffic logs do not show any drops or denies.

We have tested logging on as a different user, but they are also unable to browse network shares.  I have temporarily configured both endpoints to connect to a different gateway without problems.

This particular gateway is a PA-820 running PAN-OS 10.2.4-h2 and Global Protect 5.2.12.  I am scheduled to upgrade both soon.

I have approximately 75 other users connecting to this gateway without problems.

I plan to collect some information during a troubleshooting session, but wanted to ask your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA
3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @EddieReyes ,

I would double-check to see that the two hosts aren't utilizing a different rule than the 75 hosts. I'd also verify that there are no local firewall settings or security software on the affected endpoints that might be interfering with network access. If the traffic looks normal from the monitor tab, I would recommend running packet captures for the two hosts that are experiencing issues accessing the network shares. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L2 Linker

I was able to fix one of the endpoints by removing a setting someone had set on the nic.  I will check the other endpoint, but at this point i do not think this is a firewall issue.

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA

Jay, I no longer think this is a firewall issue.  I really appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks.

Eddie

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!