Global protect DNS and Windows 10 Home

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global protect DNS and Windows 10 Home

L4 Transporter

Hi Folks.

I run a (well, several) Global protect portals in various parts around the world, and for the large part they work just fine.

Recently, we've acquired another company, and we're dealing with some legacy assets until we can completely bring them in line with corporate standards.

Most of our PC's run Windows 10 Pro, and global protect just works.

However, I've run into an issue with the few legacy devices from the second company which are running Windows 10 Home which is baffling me.

When they connect Global protect, the link comes up fine, and assigns the VPN IP, and carries traffic - BUT the VPN assigned DNS servers don't get put into the DNS list.

Which means the PC can't resolve internal hostnames - DNS requests go to the local link DNS, and fail.

I've ONLY seen this on Windows 10 home - never seen it on Windows 10 Pro.

Has anyone else come across this? is there some magic beside "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" which can fix this?

I've put in some local host entries to work around it for the most critical internal hosts - but obviously this isn't ideal, and needs constant maintenance I'd rather avoid.

Thanks for any input!

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!