GlobalProtect blocks my internet access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect blocks my internet access

L0 Member

Hi all,

I've recently started to use a GlobalProtect vpn, but every time I successfully connect to it, it blocks my internet access. I reached out to our IT departement and a firewall engineer told me he can see that I am connected and that traffic is being allowed from my location, but return traffic from them is timing out after a couple of packets, so it looks as through something at my end is preventing the traffic from being received. I've tried to shut down my firewall, it did not help.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causeng this?

Thank you for any help.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hello @SpaceOdysseus  check the DNS that are added in GP and that are assigned to the users.

First if Split is used it means that it will use the tunnel only for the internal resources you define, if it is 0.0.0.0.0/0 it will send all the traffic.

Make sure in the first case to have access to the DNS (dns to be able to resolve with those dns) and if there is 0.0.0.0.0/0 make sure that there are security policies and the corresponding source nats.

Greetings

High Sticker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!