GlobalProtect never-ending "Finding the Best Available Gateway"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

GlobalProtect never-ending "Finding the Best Available Gateway"

L0 Member

Hi. I'm using GlobalProtect App Version 6.1.1-5. It often to get into this never-ending cycle of "Finding the Best Available Gateway". I try to "Refresh Connection" which does nothing:

image.png

There doesn't seem to be a "Cancel" button to try to reinitiate the connection or restart the GlobalProtect client. I usually have to execute the following command in Windows 11 command prompt to restart the GlobalProtect client:

powershell -command "Restart-Service PanGPS -Force"

This usually does the trick. But it's a pain as I'm using a corporate laptop and I need to run the above in admin mode which requires entering an admin username/password.

Has anyone come across this? I really wish they would add a retry/cancel button to the client. Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!