GlobalProtect upgrades & issues on DHCP option 43 code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect upgrades & issues on DHCP option 43 code

L2 Linker

Hello All,

Since last year, we are using GlobalProtect 5.0.4 along with DHCP options 43 to detect the Internal GP GW FQDN. The GP client then connects to the branch office GP GW and pushes the User-ID - as it should.

Since I updated our main PA 5520 cluster to PAN OS 9.1, I also upgraded a newer version of GlobalProtect (v.5.1.1 and then v5.1.2).

I noticed now that if the client OS (Windows) runs those latest GP version, authentication to the local GW fails though DHCP option 43 code. To be more exact, the FQDN is detected correctly, but fails with an error ((T1952)Debug( 111): 04/17/20 11:53:24:007 connect failed with error 10047(An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.))

Questions:

1. What is you input about upgrading the GP version in general?
  2. Are there any compatibility matrix GP version / PAN OS version?
  3. Any idea about what could be the issue I am experiencing? (rolling back to 5.0.4 seems to work).

Thank you for reading and any input.

Cheers to all.

R.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I believe it is best to open a TAC case to further investigate the logs and determine next steps. 

Regards,

Varun

Hi Varun,

Yes, I already created a ticket, but I also wanted to have the community input on GP versions.

Regards,

R. 

Dear all,

For your information, this was a bug introduced in newer versions of GP. Versions 5.1.5-20 and up should have the problem solved.

Regards.

R.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!