How do you view IP Pool utilization to verify there's never more demand than available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do you view IP Pool utilization to verify there's never more demand than available?

L3 Networker

In Gateway/Agent/Client Settings/IP Pools - have have four /24 networks configured for global protect to use. 
How can I view how many of each of those address blocks or all of them are in use at one time? And is there

a way to what the maximum useage has been? Thank you.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Maybe one of these commands will be what you're looking for

show global-protect-gateway current-user

show global-protect-gateway statistics

show user ip-user-mapping all type GP

show user ip-user-mapping all option count type GP

We use the API to track the current-user count to keep track of usage trends.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

I'm not sure I follow. I have four /24s configured and the assignments look pretty much random to my eye.

If you want a static way to assign IP addresses look at:

Solved: LIVEcommunity - How to get the same ip address for global protect client - LIVEcommunity - 2...

Select this option to enable the GlobalProtect gateway to assign fixed IP addresses by use of an external authentication server. When this option is enabled, the GlobalProtect gateway allocates the IP address for connecting to devices by using the Framed-IP-Address attribute from the authentication server.

Client Settings Tab (paloaltonetworks.com)

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClIMCA0

On a Cisco router the equivalent command might be "show ip dhcp bind" which would show a table of IP addresses assigned to what machine and are currently not available for assignment. I'm trying to find something similar at GUi or command line on the PAN to tell me the state of address availability for hand out.

Maybe one of these commands will be what you're looking for

show global-protect-gateway current-user

show global-protect-gateway statistics

show user ip-user-mapping all type GP

show user ip-user-mapping all option count type GP

We use the API to track the current-user count to keep track of usage trends.

Perfect. The last two used in combination verifies the #of IPs and users. Thank you.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!