Incorrect Parameter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Incorrect Parameter

L0 Member

We recently updated our Global Protect clients to 6.2.3-270 and now at every bootup I get this error from Global Protect saying "The Parameter is incorrect". And I can click OK and the client logs in to the GP server. But its an annoyance thing cause it happens at every boot. Is there a way to see what is incorrect?

9 REPLIES 9

Community Team Member

Hi @szahirniak ,

Sounds like you're running into bug IDGPC-20322.

Currently there's no fix for it yet but target fix is planned for GP versions 6.1.5 and 6.2.4

Please reach out to support to confirm if you're running into this exact same issue and for confirmation on fix releases.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

Hi,

I have installed version 6.2.3-270 and I constantly receive the same error "The parameter is incorrect". Is there any solution to this problem?

Hi Kiwi, 

Is there a Knowledgebase article on this that we can reference?

Community Team Member

Hi @SinovuyoGamnca ,

No, GPC-20322 is an internal bug so far and hasn't been published.

I recommend reaching out to support to confirm if you're hitting this exact bug or a different issue.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

I had the same issue with one of my clients.

Make sure Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime application is up-to-date. You can check this under Apps > Installed Apps on windows.

The version that fixed the issue was 127.x.x.x. The client that had issue in my case was on version 100.x.x.x

Hope this helps

L0 Member

It's caused by GP looking at at reg key that does not exist with some versions of Webview.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft EdgeWebView\InstallLocation Set the reg key correctly and reboot and GP should work.

Do you know what they key should be set to?  I added  a String Key for InstallLocation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\127.0.2651.98

It eliminated the Parameter Invalid error but now I get an error:  Failure - Cannot found the WebView2 component (0x80070002)  and it just hangs

Your solution worked for me, after setting it and rebooting Global Protect 6.2.4 works like a charm on my ARM64 laptop. Hopefully Palo Alto will fix this in their next release. 

L0 Member

The registry fix worked for us too, but we have tested GlobalProtect 6.3.1 and this issue is now resolved

See issue ID GPC-20427 in the Addressed Issues list: Addressed Issues in GlobalProtect App 6.3 (paloaltonetworks.com)

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!