Check whether PA-220 has already been registered

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Check whether PA-220 has already been registered

L0 Member

Hello All,

Is there a simple way to check whether a PAN device has been registered before?

I bought a supposedly unregistered PA-220, however I would like to know if the device has really not been registered before. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a support email address for Palo Alto, and creating a support account requires registering a device which I don't want to do.

Thanks,

H.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

You may be able to call PANW support and enter your SN in..if it does not find your serial number, then you presume it is good.
If it states that it is out of support, then well, it was registered but out of support.

As for not wanting to register the device.. if this registration is not of your concern, then I wouldn't worry about whether it was registered or not.. you don't plan to create a support account (which is required to activate the features..) 

Did I misunderstand your question?

thanks

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Thanks for the tip, I couldn't find the PANW support phone number, but I found a contact form in another (unrelated) discussion in this forum so I sent a request asking to check the serial number for me. 

I haven't decided what to do with the PA-220 yet. If I keep it I would like to register it and at least buy support for it so I can get a current PANOS release (which I believe is 10.2 for the PA-220), but then I need to get a customer ID somehow and from what I understand this isn't straight forward as well.

This is my first fooray into PAN territory (I'm more familiar with FTN where things seem to be a lot simpler). 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!