HA on a PA-450 using Strata Cloud Manager

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

HA on a PA-450 using Strata Cloud Manager

I’m attempting to configure active/passive HA on a PA-450 using Strata Cloud Manager as per this guide: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/ngfw/administration/high-availability/set-up-activepassive-ha/conf...

I’m aware a PA-450 doesn’t have dedicated HA ports, however when using Panorama I can set Eth1/7 & Eth1/8 to HA mode as shown in the image below and it works fine:

JamesWoodhouse1_0-1724423694145.png

When using Strata Cloud Manager, HA mode is not an option on interface configuration.

JamesWoodhouse1_1-1724423694146.png

Using the Strata HA workflow, I’m able to set HA-1 to use the management interface, but then unable to list data interfaces as candidate for HA-2,

JamesWoodhouse1_2-1724423694148.png

I’ve ensured that data interfaces are configured and set to L3 mode on each firewall in the pair.

Does anyone have any experience with this please?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

The 'Interface Type' needs to be Default to be used for HA configuration in SCM. This needs to be configured in SCM at the Configuration Scope of each HA firewall.

That is what worked for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

The 'Interface Type' needs to be Default to be used for HA configuration in SCM. This needs to be configured in SCM at the Configuration Scope of each HA firewall.

That is what worked for me.

Thanks Mike, I'll try that next week.
Just to confirm is the Interface type 'default' only for the interfaces intended for HA-1 & HA-2, or ALL other data interfaces as well?

Just the interfaces you want to use for HA.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!