PA-220 root at 100%

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

PA-220 root at 100%

L2 Linker

I have found alot of articles to clean the root drive on a PA 220 and so far none of them worked. 

PA-220 Version 10.2.2

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @janelle.provine

are you running on that PA-220 the Global Protect? If yes, you might be hitting below issue addressed in PAN-OS 10.2.4-H3.

PAN-219355
Fixed an issue where disk space became full due to a GPSVC FD leak.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

We have had the same issue with some 220's but not all running 10.2.4. The root partition fills up and then causes a failover in HA pairs. Support has helped us by running a clean-up script on the root partition. They have to log into the Palo root cli to run it, which requires a TAC challenge/response. Your best bet would be to submit a ticket if you haven't already done so and have them take a look.

I hope this helps.

Thank You,

Michael

@Michael.Martin 

I opened a ticket a few days ago with support and asked for a root engineer so they would login and clean up the root but I have yet for them to respond to me, so I can to the community to see if there were any ideas since support has been useless to me

Nope my os is 10.2.2

L4 Transporter

you can reboot the firewall (flush some temp files), until you got a root engineer.

you can also try to delete some log files in mp-log and dp-log (on PA-220, it is in the same location).

If you really cannot wait the root engineer, factory reset.

Olivier

PCSNE - CISSP

Best Effort contributor

Check out our PANCast Channel

Disclaimer : All messages are my personal ones and do not represent my company's view in any way.

L3 Networker

10.2.4 was better than 10.2.3 when it comes to 220 disk filling up.  No failovers for a few weeks at least, though now they have started occurring again.  Only a couple weeks until we get ours replaced with 440s.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!