PAN-DB URL Filter expired even if Advanced URL filtering is still valid

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-DB URL Filter expired even if Advanced URL filtering is still valid

L0 Member

I purchased service bundle for my PA firewall,  PAN-PA-220-BND-LAB4-R, which includes PA-220 Lab Unit Renewal Service Bundle (Threat Prevention, DNS, PANDB URL Filtering, GlobalProtect, WildFire, SD-WAN, Standard Support) Period.

After activation, I retrieve the license key from the license server, I found the Advanced URL Filtering is valid until April 2024.  which is correct. However, the PAN-DB URL Filtering shows expired in Aug 2022.   The PAN-DB URL Filtering should be included in the Advanced URL Filtering licenses, but its status is expired.  I tried to retrieve licenses from license server several times, but no luck. 

Then I checked the article at 

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/error-no-valid-url-filtering-license/m-p/467759#...

delete license key PAN_DB_URL_Filtering_20xx_xx_xx.key,  I deleted all old PAN-DB URL Filtering keys.

After I deleted all old PAN_DB_URL_Riltering keys and kept the new Advanced Threat URL filtering keys, no luck. The PAN DB URL Filtering expired message is still there.

Do I need to reboot my PA 220 firewall to fix it?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

L3 Networker

Hi Sysint,

I can confirm this process outlined in this KB works for the problem you're experiencing. As I have had exact problem in the past and it worked for me.

Please see KB

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA14u000000oMntCAE

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!