URL Encording issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

URL Encording issue

L0 Member

I am using URL Block Page.
However, there is a part where the & part appears as %26 in a specific URL.

ex. I entered abc.d/&uid=B5C61D407 in the browser, but it appears as URL:abc.d/%26uid=B5C61D407 in the block page. Why is this and what can be done to fix it?

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

The "%26" is a hexadecimal-encoded HTML representation of the ASCII ampersand character "&". That is often used when passing strings between subsystems to prevent unwanted variable expansion or misinterpretation. The value is printed by the "<url/>" variable in the response page format, so it is coming out of the PA as that. Given that other commonly encoded characters display correctly (i.e. "/" vs. "%2F", "=" vs. "%3D", "?" vs. "%3F") I would suspect PA forgot to unencode this value when passing the variable for display. Unfortunately, not much that can be done from the customer side, you would have to open a ticket with PA support for a fix.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!