Dynamic apps and threats update failed for pattern 8510

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Dynamic apps and threats update failed for pattern 8510

L1 Bithead

We're running a PA-820 physical FW at software level 9.1.12-h3.

I tried to manually update the apps and threats pattern published this morning (as we only update daily and it was published about 30 minutes after our system automatically checks).

Downloading the pattern works fine, but when I try to install it, it gets to about 49%, then slows down massively, gets to about 59% progress and crashes (see screenshot below).

No idea what address "CE" is supposed to be, I can't find it anywhere. Pattern 8509 was fine...

Is the pattern/download corrupt, or is there something else to check?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Okay, found the problem. We had a policy rule that included a lot of regions, and it appears "CE" (Crimea) is no longer valid as of pattern 8510.

Once I removed the region from the policies it was in, it compiled fine. Bit odd that Palo Alto did not document a removal of a region in the release notes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @SBDC

I just tried to install: 8510-7171 in two different Firewalls and I could install it without any error. Could you please try to restart management process: debug software restart process management-server and try again?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Sadly no, that did not make a difference. Even re-downloaded the pattern.

L1 Bithead

Okay, found the problem. We had a policy rule that included a lot of regions, and it appears "CE" (Crimea) is no longer valid as of pattern 8510.

Once I removed the region from the policies it was in, it compiled fine. Bit odd that Palo Alto did not document a removal of a region in the release notes.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @SBDC

I see, thank you for sharing. I just checked on my side and I can see the same. After installing 8510-7171 Crimea is no longer there.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!