Increase Disk Panorama VM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Increase Disk Panorama VM

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone.

Anyone can help me to increase the panorama VM Storage?
I was increased in Hardisk in VM ESXI but when I am to clone to disk, the output is
"unsupported target disk size of 1000.0 GB. Disk size must be 224.0 GB"

the exiting disk space like this :

@panorama> show system disk details

Name : sdb
State : Present
Size : 1024000 MB
Reason : Admin disabled

Name : sdc
State : Present
Size : 1024000 MB
Reason : Admin enabled

should sdc storage be increased to 1.5 TB?

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Azis13

by first look it seems like you are hitting one of the limitation:

• To expand log storage capacity on the Panorama virtual appliance, you can add virtual logging disks. If the appliance is in Panorama mode, you can add 1 to 12 virtual logging disks of 2TB each or 1 24TB logging disk, for a maximum total of 24TB.
  • In all modes, the first logging disk on the Panorama VM must be at least 2TB in order to add additional disks. If the first logging disk is smaller than 2TB, you will be unable to add additional disk space.

Could you try to change it to 2TB?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hello Michelle, I was changing system-mode legacy to panorama mode. 

Hello Pavel,

Currently the panorama is in panorama mode, next I will fall back to legacy mode and will try to add an additional 2TB virtual disk

Thank you.

@Azis13 Are the symptoms resolved? If so please share with me how

A related question: I have Panorama in Legacy mode with a system disk and a 0.5TB logging disk. If i want to change to Panorama mode, do i need to add a new 2TB disk? Or can i just increase the existing logging disk from 0.5TB to 2TB?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!