Panorama fails to upgrade itself with error: Label sysroot1 does not indicate a valid image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Panorama fails to upgrade itself with error: Label sysroot1 does not indicate a valid image

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

last time I tryed to upgrade my Panorama, I had this error: "Label sysroot1 does not indicate a valid image".

The panorama is working, also I'm able to upload images and content to managed firewall, only I cant upgrade itself.

Is not related with upgrade image because is unable to reinstall also the currently installed image.

I already checked images in mantainance mode.

Any suggestion? 

staltari_0-1665476121620.png

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

No way to fix that VM, trown away.

I had to create a new VM and copied the configuration on.

No problem to move license, you just set the same serial number and activate.

All PanOS 10.1 managed NGFWs were reconected automatically, PanOS 10.2 managed firewalls not. I had to push a new Auth-key to reconnect PanOS 10.2 firewalls.

L0 Member

Hi .

Anyone resolved this issue?

L2 Linker

Hi,

I had this problem today when I tried to upgrade virtual Panorama with PAN-OS 11.0.3 to 11.0.3-h5. I tried to reinstall 11.0.3, downgrade to 11.0.0 from Web and CLI, but nothing helped.

I think problem have connection with try of uploading wrong PAN-OS image in the past. I found such info in logs.

so I decided to:

1. reboot device to (my favorite 😉 ) maintenance mode;

2. choose images;

3. try revert to 11.0.0 

but I had "no image to revert"

so:

1. I opened "advanced" in "image" (password MA1NT)

2. checked other partition than was listed in my error,

3. checked image 11.0.0 and bootstrapped this partition

4. rebooted device to newly installed 11.0.0

5. installed patch 11.0.3-h5 from web.  

That solved the case 🙂 I hope it will help you too.

PCNSE, PCCSE, CCNP Security, AWS SAA

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. My case is Panorama appliance M Series. Do you think all above steps can work in physical appliance also?  Anyway let me see and try.

Appreciate for your answer.

I think in such situation shouldn't be differences between form factors (physical - virtual), so you should try do this. Remember to do configuration backup before operation and be sure you uploaded proper and clean base image. 

PCNSE, PCCSE, CCNP Security, AWS SAA
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!