Sending alerts from Panorama via email

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Sending alerts from Panorama via email

L1 Bithead

Hello, we have configured panorama 10.0.5 to send filtered system logs to email and it works but only for logs generated on panorama. 

Log filter shows also logs from managed firewalls but thoose logs are not sended and i don't know why. 

Did anybody had succed sending system logs collected on panorama via email eg. admin login events ?

regards,

Tomek

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your answer. Problem solved. We configured it in wrong place. Log settings are related only to panorama although filter logs shows data from palos also. 

After configuration log collector forwarding in collector groups everything works as intended.

regards,

Tomek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L5 Sessionator

In your panorama tab you should be able to configure an email profile, for mine I am using smtp.gmail.com and have a bogus *****PRA@gmail.com email address that the alerts are sent from. 

It sounds like you configured system alerts for just the panorama, you will want the same profile on the NGFWs. I suppose this would be a good time to ask as this may change the answer, are you log forwarding from the NGFWs to your PRA?

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.

Thank you for your answer. Problem solved. We configured it in wrong place. Log settings are related only to panorama although filter logs shows data from palos also. 

After configuration log collector forwarding in collector groups everything works as intended.

regards,

Tomek

L5 Sessionator

Most excellent! Cheers

Help the community! Add tags and mark solutions please.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!