Apache Tomcat WebSocket Denial-of-Service Vulnerability' generated by NGFW

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Apache Tomcat WebSocket Denial-of-Service Vulnerability' generated by NGFW

L2 Linker

RE: 'Apache Tomcat WebSocket Denial-of-Service Vulnerability' generated by PAN NGFW detected on host foo-wrkXXX involving user foo\User.Name

-- Unique Threat ID: 59026

I am wondering if others are seeing this Alert generated due to what appears to be mostly client updates of OneNote (and perhaps other cloud apps). Looking at the threat ID, I see it was released on 13 Aug and as of today, there has not been an update to it.

Have a client that since 17 Aug, has generated 54 Incidents in Cortex.  As we do not manage or have access client Panorama to change Profile and perhaps disable this alert for outbound client connectivity, wondering if perhaps others have seen it and have a PCAP sent to PANW so that they can update the signature to be more effective?

5 REPLIES 5

L0 Member

We are also seeing this error tied to M365. Client reports that they have issues logging in and updating OneNote.

Perfectionist with a proctastinator complex. Someday I'm going to be awesome!

L4 Transporter

Hi @KRisselada @GFrostad,

Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

I have a client that seems to be experiencing the same issue, when redistributing note's in One Note on MAC iOS Mojave. Client advised they updated a machine to iOS Vigsur and the issue was fixed on that machine. Windows 10 machine seem to be unaffected. 

@Ben-Price sorry just realizing this was asked.  Actually we applied a Incident Exception, so we stopped having it generated for what appears to be "normal" behaivor.

L4 Transporter

@KRisselada Thanks for the feedback. 

L0 Member

An error introduced as part of a change to improve error handling during non-blocking I/O meant that the error flag associated with the request object was not reset between requests.

Dinar Guru

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!