PAN DB vs Advanced

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN DB vs Advanced

L4 Transporter

Hello ,

Just want to know if PAN-DB and Advanced URL are different licensing

If Advanced URL is purchased , does it cover PAN-DB

We have a customer who puchased Advanced URL  , but not PAN DB

19 REPLIES 19

L6 Presenter

It seems  PAN-178194 wasn't resolved even in 10.1.5-h1? I have a new PA-440 (which never had old URL filtering license) with valid Advanced URL license yet the WebUI shows error when on URL filtering object and I can't edit ML settings there.

Hey Santonic,
Did you raise a case with support ? has there been any progress with that issue on your end ? we were advised to go to each device and manually delete the license files (which makes sense, but not in a 100-s of devices scenario), but also that there will be a fix for that issue in an upcoming version

Please mark helpful responses, so others know as well

L6 Presenter

No, I didn't open a case (yet). Tbh there's so many bugs lately, especially with 10.1, so I'm only opening cases for the most critical ones.

Not sure deleting license would help me in my case as I never had old URL license on this box.

L4 Transporter

Does this mean that if some one has a PAN DB and Advance PAN DB together (because they bought Adv PAN DB before the PAN DB expired), Advance PAN DB will take over ( like there is no meaning of the existing PAN DB)?

PrasKtmBoy

I guess this happened to those customers who have renewed from the old URL lic/PAN DB lic to A-URL lic.

There's no additional value to buy A-URL to the same box when the PAN DB lic has not expired. 

Life is full of surprise,
Just embrace it!
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!