Vulnerability Protection Profile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vulnerability Protection Profile

L0 Member

Hello!

I have a rule with a vulnerability protection profile enabled between my VPN users and DMZ.

I need to WebGUI (8443/8080) into a new DMZ server, but VP is stopping it.

How do I make an exception for this traffic?

Thanks,

DC

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @DCleve

thanks for posting.

I would recommend to review traffic and security logs from: Monitor > Logs > Traffic / Threat to confirm exact reason for traffic to be denied / dropped. If you confirmed that vulnerability signature is causing an issue, here are 2 KBs for applying an exception either on signature or IP address level:

How to create a vulnerability exception

Vulnerability Exception Based Upon Source and Destination IP Address to change the default behavior  

If you believe this is a false positive, you can reported: How to Submit a Vulnerability Signature False Positive 

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Thanks for the reply, PK.

This is strange. The Traffic logs report that the traffic is allowed, but I'm getting nothing but RST, ACK (with no connection), allegedly from the server.

The server, though, shows that it's listening on ports 8080 and 8443. I'm second-guessing my theory that the problem is Vulnerability protection. As I research, APP-ID could also be the problem, but again, all traffic is "allowed" in the traffic logs and isn't present in the Threat logs.

Any help here would be appreciated.

I assumed the problem was vulnerability protection because a profile is attached to the policy, but I see nothing in the traffic or threat logs indicating this.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @DCleve

thank you for reply.

To eliminate assumptions, could you check Unified logs with server's IP address in filter from: Monitor > Logs > Unified? Unified logs have all log types in one screen.

If it is possible could you take a packet capture from server? Also if it is possible could you temporarily take vulnerability profile out of the policy and test connection?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!