Removing old endpoints

L1 Bithead

Removing old endpoints

So having around 1300 physical endpoints in our environment, when a old machine is decomissioned, our desktop team doesnt always notify us, and soemtimes when a HD dies we simply surplus the machine.  That being said, we will put new hardware in place.  I have noticed our licensing count is now showing we are using more licenses than we have purchased, and its also saying there are more computers than we physically have (because its not releasing the old licenses).  Is there a way to set a time parameter, so if a machine hasnt checked in (in a set amount of time) that it releases the licenses and removes the machine?  I dont want to have to go in and do this manually....

Tags (3)
L1 Bithead

Re: Removing old endpoints

Hi,

In Traps 3.4 and earlier, it's not possible to configure an automatic license revocation when an endpoint is not connecting to the ESM for a period of time. You have to do it manually.

In Traps 4.0 is possible to configure an automatic license revocation when an endpoint is not connecting to the ESM for a period of time (90 days by default). In earlier versions is not possible, you should do it manually.

I hope it helps.

Regards !!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!