PAN OS 7.1 Dynamic Scheduled Update Failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN OS 7.1 Dynamic Scheduled Update Failing

L0 Member

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started to help a team support our Palo Alto's and was tasked to get our Panorama Server to push dynamic updates out to our Firewalls (PA 3050). Originally we had the individual firewalls setup to update themselves, but wanted to mange this through Panormama, so i setup the schedules (Anti Virus, App & Threat and Wildfire) as per this page: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/web-interface-help/panorama-web-interface/p...

I manually downloaded and installed the latest updates via Panorama on Friday, but i have checked today and found that the Anti Virus, App & Threat and Wildfire versions are all from Friday and have not been downloading over the weekend.

I looked at the System log under Monitor for Panorama and can see that it says the scheduled dynamic update failed, but does not given a reason why. Does anyone know how to find out more information in the logs or why this might be happening?

Thank you!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

For anyone that got a similar issue - it looks like the job was failing due to two of the firewalls in the schedule. i tried pushing the updates out to each firewall seperately and found that it failed to the PA-500 firewalls we have, but worked to all others. When i removed these from the schedule the schedule worked correctly. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L0 Member

For anyone that got a similar issue - it looks like the job was failing due to two of the firewalls in the schedule. i tried pushing the updates out to each firewall seperately and found that it failed to the PA-500 firewalls we have, but worked to all others. When i removed these from the schedule the schedule worked correctly. 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!