Suddenly receive GlobalProtect Portal not found error only with specific Internet Service provider.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Suddenly receive GlobalProtect Portal not found error only with specific Internet Service provider.

L1 Bithead

Suddenly I am receiving the error that GlobalProtect Portal not found or Invalid portal. Please contact your IT administrator.

Earlier I had GP client version 4.1.2-11 installed So as a part of troubleshooting step I have upgraded to 4.1.8-2 but still receiving the same error.  Also, I have restarted the PanGPS services and restart my laptop but no luck. This is happening to me only means one user affected only, It is working with other users perfectly,   

Later observed that I am able to connect GP portal when I connected to other Internet Service provider instead of my own Internet service provider.  Surprising that I could also able to connect the GP portal with my service provider as well but chances very few. So I could not understand that     I really do not know where the issue is exactly whether at GP client or Service provider.

Kindly provide your inputs and Suggestion.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Issue resolved.   The issue from Service provider end.

@kiwi wrote:

Hi @AR00473455 ,

I'd move forward with the debug from the GP client and see what the logs return. 

Make sure to set the logging level to 'debug'.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

@kiwi wrote:

Hi @AR00473455 ,

I'd move forward with the debug from the GP client and see what the logs return. 

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @AR00473455 ,

Can you still reach the portal page via a browser ?

There's a troubleshooting approach on this page that might assist you :

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClkBCAS

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi Kiwi

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I could reach the portal via a browser.  Even telnet on 443 successful as well. 

Community Team Member

Hi @AR00473455 ,

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Issue resolved.   The issue from Service provider end.

@kiwi wrote:

Hi @AR00473455 ,

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

@kiwi wrote:

Hi @AR00473455 ,

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!