block all facebook but one page

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

block all facebook but one page

L4 Transporter

I know there are multiple discussion threads on how to allow just one FB page but block all other access . I tried every single of them and none worked properly.

I created a url filtering profile allowing just my company page and blocked social media but the problem is when a user first clicks my company page he/she would be taken to a login page. how do I efficiently allow it? Also, by doing this, I broke the page layout. all the graphics won't load. Also, the logout button won't show up when I allowed just that page.

did anyone performed this task? if so, please let me know.

thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

You'll need to allow a lot more resources than just your corporate page, since all of the rest of the content pulls from different facebook sources. You'll need to use something like Fiddler or and alert-all temporary security rule on the firewall to actually gather all of the required URLs in addition to your company page. Then you'll separate out the policy allowing your corporate page and the one actually denying the social-media category. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

You'll need to allow a lot more resources than just your corporate page, since all of the rest of the content pulls from different facebook sources. You'll need to use something like Fiddler or and alert-all temporary security rule on the firewall to actually gather all of the required URLs in addition to your company page. Then you'll separate out the policy allowing your corporate page and the one actually denying the social-media category. 

@BPry thanks. I have the Alert policy today but I see so many URLs. it can only get messier if I allow them as facebook  adds new urls often.

I think is better not to go this way and convince my management to block entire facebook.

@SThatipelly,

It does get extremely messy, but you won't have to update it that often. It's definitely better if you simply do an all or nothing approach for this though. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!