Ansible for interfaces on PA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ansible for interfaces on PA

L0 Member

The ansible module "panos_interface" doesn't seem to have all the parameters that shoud should be availble for an interface.

I need to create *many* sub-interfaces, assing tags, vlans, and zones to each.  Was hoping to do this with ansible since that's our automation platform.  

Any thoughts on the best way to do this with ansible?  Maybe load_cfg or some other strategy?

Thanks

-Steve

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Ansible was never meant to cover 100% of the API as that is not purpose of it. However we do want to get 60-70% coverage for the common automation tasks and we belive we are close. What is that you are missing from current Ansible modules? Can you please submit request here (https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/ansible-pan/issues) and we will consider it for enhancement.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Notably, no one seems to monitor and get answers for customers on these forums.

Anyone know if Palo plans to offer a fully functioning ansible module any time soon?

L2 Linker

The current panos_interface module exposes DHCP functionality of the data-plane. We are working on adding more parameters that can be configured. If there is a specific need can you list parameters of interest in the issue page?

https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/ansible-pan/issues

Hey there,

I'm rapidily onbaording my palo devices to our ansible setup but I feel its a bit limited compared to the API calls I can make from scripts. Is there a plan to bring the feature set up to the same standard or is it done as and when its need by an individual and passed openly to everyone else?

I can script but I don't think I can get to the level I'll need to be at to program. Nor do I think I want to go that far.

Cheers

Simon

Ansible was never meant to cover 100% of the API as that is not purpose of it. However we do want to get 60-70% coverage for the common automation tasks and we belive we are close. What is that you are missing from current Ansible modules? Can you please submit request here (https://github.com/PaloAltoNetworks/ansible-pan/issues) and we will consider it for enhancement.

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!