reading ARP table

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

reading ARP table

L0 Member

Hi,

I am new here!

I want to extract the ARP table from our PA-5000's.

At this moment, I can do this by using the CLI ("show arp all").

Is there another way to do this (by using SNMP or API)?

/api/?type=op&cmd=<show><arp></arp></show> gives me error 17

Kind regards!

Karel

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

Thanks a lot!

I guess I missed the "all" 🙂

need to bump this

this is not possible with SNMP?

My PA is the only "router" in the network and I need something to query the ARP table with SNMP to match IP to MAC addresses. All Switches are L2 devices

thanks

Andre

Looks like PANOS doesn't respond to the two OIDs related to pulling the ARP/MAC table via SNMP:

IP-MIB::ipNetToPhysicalPhysAddress = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaPhysAddress = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Had similair request to read the ARP table by using SNMP.

Anyone an idea if and when OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2 ipNetToMediaPhysAddress will be supported?

Best regards,

Patrick

Really no reply on this? I was searching for this answer as well and was surprised to see this and nothing since may. You think this would be up in the list to get working.

I actually have a similar problem using an IPAM system like Infoblox or Bluecat.

Actually  .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2 works here for me on 5.0.6

Missing are

Also the subinterfaces are not listed in the MIB.

if you have the console access to the device, then its easier to findout the Rest call.

Just run the below command:

debug cli on

and then run the command which you want to request through Rest like below: To get Arp table

show arp all

Output:

<request cmd="op" cookie="1112336478312474" uid="500"><operations><show><arp><entry name='all'/></arp></show></operations></request>

Highligted text is your path to get the command.

hi 

We have one customer using solarwinds IPAM but not able to get the ARP-IP mapping using snmp OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22 

can you please confirm us if its works with you or not .

thank you 

• 9 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!