How to modify edit fields form applied to multiple incident types for bulk editing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to modify edit fields form applied to multiple incident types for bulk editing

L0 Member

Hi All,

I'm attempting to add a custom field to the edit feature in XSOAR and cannot find any documentation when it comes to having that field show up in the edit form when editing multiple incidents regardless of type. When the edit layout is updated for any incident type, it is only used when editing a single incident of that incident type. I've updated each layout's edit form to include the custom field.

Where would this configuration be if it exists at all? 

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
4 REPLIES 4

L1 Bithead

I'm also experiencing the same issue 

L4 Transporter

Unfortunately you can't bulk edit layouts far as I know.   

So updating individually is the way to go at this time. 

You can copy tabs from other layouts for the Summary layout, but this doesn't exist for the new/edit, close, or incident quickview sections.

Dang that's really limiting but it is good to know that other people have faced this same issue.

L4 Transporter

There are a number of a feature requests on the AHA portal relating to layouts, best would be to review and upvote the ones that you would find beneficial, or add details for your requirements.

https://xsoar.ideas.aha.io/ideas/search?query=layout

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!