Expedition Merge and Generate XML not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Merge and Generate XML not working

L1 Bithead

Hi, 

After trying and failing on Expedition 1.0.95 with no luck I have now deleted my VM and downloaded and updated to 1.0.107.

Whenever I migrate (tried Cisco, Checkpoint and Juniper), I click export, drag the elements into the base config, press merge then generate xml. I'm left with what looks like the original base config instead of a xml output.

All the migrated work is lost.

What is the sequence from when I am ready to generate an xml?

By the way the configs and base config are fine as I've used them before in the Migration Tool 3.3.15

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

how did u downlload this version 1.0.107??

i have the same problem

We are already in version 1.1.35.

Make sure that you are always running the latest version

I am having the same problem after pressing merge, it comes back blank as well.  It appears everything is stuck as pending.  I am on version 1.35 and another consultant we have is on .36 and seems to be having the same issue.

Looks like the bug is still there (although not for me). I'm afraid I have no answer other than a brand new VM with a newer version that Palo Alto made available.
Are no Palo engineers monitoring these threads anymore?

Hi, yes we are here. Are you in 1.1.38? is still there the problem? if yes, please send us an email to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com and we can schedule a zoom session to see what's going on!

Sorry, the file to check for task agent issues (activities that are going to be processed in the background, such as Config merges) is:

/home/userSpace/panReadOrders.log

Try checking the content of that file to verify that the XML generation would not crash for any reason. That would be helpful to debug.

• 20 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!