8.1.5 BGP question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

8.1.5 BGP question

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have some inserted routes into my BGP for redistribution.

firstly I have a NAT address associated with a loopback. I had a redis rule saying connected and added in the interface.

That didn't add the ip address into the BGP tables, tried just the /32 that didn't work either !

so I went into the router and bgp and redist rules an added in /32 prefix - that worked

now I went to change the orign attribute from incomplete to ibgp

firstly panoram didn't recognise that as a change ! I had to add in a new line << guessing thats a bug, just checked on the end PA and the rules are there with ibgp, so it just panorama that has the issue

secondly it still shows up on my bgp peers as a incomplete

Something wierd going on here ? more interested in the second bit why the prefix is being sent with incomplete instead of ibgp

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Did you set the origin to IGP on the matching BGP export rule? 

One thing I'll mention is that I had problems with BGP configurations in earlier PANOS versions. The GUI wouldn't match with the CLI output. You could make sure the necessary config is present in the CLI. But I think that was fixed in 7.1 so it shouldn't be a problem on 8.1.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Did you set the origin to IGP on the matching BGP export rule? 

One thing I'll mention is that I had problems with BGP configurations in earlier PANOS versions. The GUI wouldn't match with the CLI output. You could make sure the necessary config is present in the CLI. But I think that was fixed in 7.1 so it shouldn't be a problem on 8.1.

No.. strange i would have thought it have flowed through, so there is no way to filter with out having 3 filters

so match for incomplete and then set incomplete etc etc..

Where did you set IGP before?

In the redistribution rule

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!