ACC Tab no Appears

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

ACC Tab no Appears

L1 Bithead

Meshall_0-1577131202777.png

Can you help me to find the ACC tab i can not found it ?

18 REPLIES 18

Community Team Member

Hi @Meshall ,

You're probably logged in with an Admin Role Profile that has the 'ACC' tab disabled as illustrated in the screenshot below :

Admin Role ProfileAdmin Role Profile

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

i can not found it !

aljohani1409_0-1577293573866.png

@aljohani1409,

Are you attempting to modify your access with the account that doesn't have access to ACC, or an account with superuser permissions? From the screenshot you shared it looks like you are attempting to give your limited profile additional permissions, which isn't going to work.

Right now I'm  using admin (superadmin) still i can not found ACC ! 

aljohani1409_0-1577298875996.png

@aljohani1409,

If your superuser isn't able to view the ACC something sounds kind of messed up. I would start by restarting the management-server and seeing if things start to show up normally, and if that doesn't work attempt to restart the box. If still no joy you'll need to contact TAC.

When it comes to your non-superuser account ensure that the assigned admin-role profile has ACC enabled either in the GUI or the XML. 

<device>
            <webui>
              <acc>enable</acc>

I tested this with my PA

I can see the ACC tab with non admin user.

MP18_0-1577741663351.png

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@aljohani1409 wrote:

Right now I'm  using admin (superadmin) still i can not found ACC ! 

aljohani1409_0-1577298875996.png

@aljohani1409 as @kiwi and others have already pointed out, you're 99.9999999% probably using an account via a role that isn't configured to see the ACC tab.  

The account in your screenshot even says you're using an account called "securityadmin."  While you might preceive this role to be a "superadmin" that might be for your role/function in your company for your use of the firewall, but from the actual FIREWALL side, the administrative control of the firewall itself, I'd bet my month's pay check your "securityadmin" isn't a "superadmin."

I'd talk to the person who owns the control of your firewall.

L6 Presenter

@Meshall ... Ditto, to what I commented about @aljohani1409 had posted.  @kiwi was more than likely spot-on with identifying the issue.

Thank you for your support , FYI this firewall on my test lab not production environment.  right now I'm access thought admin account

I have verify my admin account roll is superuser as below snapshot

Meshall_0-1577856342669.png

Meshall_1-1577856703130.png

L3 Networker

Hi Meshall,

What is the Platform/Hardware ? Is it VM ? 

And also what is the OS version and License type ?

Thanks & Regards,
Sahithyan S

Can you log into the FW with an account not leveraging a custom role? When you log into the FW with that account can you see the ACC tab?

You keeping showing the role, which shows what you've been configured to be able to see, and you think that's proof something is wrong.

It looks like someone has set this role up with ACC removed and for some reason they've also still allowed that account with that role to see these custom groups.

I bet if you log in with an actual admin (like I said before) you'll see that the role you're using has been disallowed from seeing ACC. "Please do the needful!!!!" (hahahahaha)

^^ I have reset into default configuration and I’m able to see the ACC ,but one i upload backup configuration the ACC  will disappear 

FYI this FW is on my lab and install on VM 

@Meshall,

That would point towards something within the configuration itself being the issue, which would be expected from everything that you've posted. If I would have to guess at this point, it sounds like you may have overwrote a default value when you created your custom authentication profile which sort of broke things.

If you take the XML file and remove everything under <authentication-profile> until </authentication-profile> you could give that a shot with the backup that you took, you'll just have to make sure that you modify it so you have <authentication-profile/> and modify the permissions of any users to role-based. If you don't know how to work in the XML file, you'll either need to contact TAC or rebuild the configuration. 

• 18 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!