Admin roles and Detailed Log View (spyglass)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Admin roles and Detailed Log View (spyglass)

L2 Linker

Hello Community!

I'm trying to create an admin role that gives a user access to the Monitoring functionality. 
But with full access to Monitoring only, they are not able to open the details for each log entry - Detailed Log View.

I've granted Privacy access too, but that didn't help.

Anyone know what specific access is needed to be able to click on the spyglass for all log entries?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@pasmartin,

The only access you need to grant for detailed log entry within the logs is enabling access to the logs you wish the user to access, if you turn everything else off the account still has access to detailed log view. The XML would look like the following for the admin-role:

<entry name="test">
        <role>
          <device>
            <webui>
              <monitor>
                <logs>
                  <traffic>enable</traffic>
                  <threat>enable</threat>
                </logs>
              </monitor>
            </webui>
            <xmlapi/>
          </device>
        </role>
      </entry>

webui {
                         webui {
                             monitor {
                             monitor {
                                 logs {
                                 logs {
                                     traffic enable;
                                     traffic enable;
                                     threat enable;

This is what I have for the admin role when doing a config audit. Am I missing something here?
The user is not able to get the detailed logs.

This is what devconsole is outputting when clicking a spyglass:

spyglass_debug.png

L0 Member

I had the exact same issue. After trial and error for a couple of hours (and double digits of commits), the solution was enabling Read-Only on Device->Setup->Content-ID (everything else under Setup is still disabled). I don't see the logic in this, but it works 🙂

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!