Allow inbound concetion to multiple servers from single public ip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Allow inbound concetion to multiple servers from single public ip

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

We have vendor device with public ip in internet.

IT need to talk to multiple servers inside the company network.

all the internal servers have private ip and connection need to come on different port numbers.

Currently I am allowing the incoming connection from vendor to one of our public ip address and using static nat translation

for destination address.

how can i do destination nat  translation the single public ip address of firewall to the multiple ports and addresses?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You will need a NAT for each server and just specify the 'Service' (service = port).

Hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

@MP18,

While what @OtakarKlier  mentioned is right; I'd be amiss if I didn't mention this is a terrible security practice. You should be giving the IT folks access to a VPN (like the built-in GlobalProtect), limiting their access to the servers in question, and then letting them work like that. Exposing something to the outside via a NAT rule, even when properly restricted with a security policy and source addresses, is a terrible security practice. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You will need a NAT for each server and just specify the 'Service' (service = port).

Hope that makes sense.

@MP18,

While what @OtakarKlier  mentioned is right; I'd be amiss if I didn't mention this is a terrible security practice. You should be giving the IT folks access to a VPN (like the built-in GlobalProtect), limiting their access to the servers in question, and then letting them work like that. Exposing something to the outside via a NAT rule, even when properly restricted with a security policy and source addresses, is a terrible security practice. 

I agree with you.

But in current scenario the end device does not support support windows it runs on linux and current version of it does not

support global protect.

as we are migrating this from Cisco ASA it is better protected with PA.

Also then end device only talks to few servers on specfic port.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!