Amazon Video Not Playing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Amazon Video Not Playing

L2 Linker

I'm running PanOS 9.0 on a PA220 and noticed a couple days ago that Amazon Prime Video wasn't playing on any of my wireless devices.  However, it would play on a desktop or laptop through Firefox.  After a few troubleshooting steps and Google, it seemed to me the difference was in the actual player itself.  I enabled "Allow HTTP partial response" in the content-ID and everything started working.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I think it's probably working as designed.  This option prevents a client from resuming download of a malware file if the firewall stops the download, so it is unfortunate that it needs to be enabled for this to work. 

5 REPLIES 5

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I have also seen this with Youtube on mobile devices, it due to how the stream works and so I expect it is working as expected.

L1 Bithead

Due to certain options, such kinds of errors creep up. However, you have found a solution to your problem as you weren't the first or the only person to face this problem.

L0 Member

I know this post is a little on the old side, but i wanted to say thank you for posting this. I knew there was a firewall-like setting somewhere that was blocking this.

This same setting was blocking all machines from downloading and installing Blizzards Battle.net and any updates to games within it if it was already installed. The errors were indicating there was no connection to the update servers, yet in a browser i could grab all the files the logs were erroring on. It turns out the battle.net installer, which also runs the updates to all games, uses this function as well.

I would like to see this setting somewhat configurable though i.e. allow an exclusion list with src/dest/app etc options.

L1 Bithead

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

I've been beating my head against the wall since installing a new PA-220 yesterday and Amazon Prime videos stopped working with my FireStick 4K's.  I've been factory defaulting everything trying to get them to work until I found this!!!!

Access control was wide open and logs weren't showing ANYTHING helpful.

Thank you for sharing!!!

L0 Member

This deserves a bump as it is still something to be wary of, and solved some streaming issues at home for me as well.

• 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!