Cannot connect to management server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L1 Bithead

Dear All:

I had meet this problem for three times ,and It comes again , I can ping

the Management port with a low delay , but can not login through the https

and can login from SSH, but without any cli , I can't typing . and always

"Oct 30 12:21:13 Error: pan_read_full(comm_utils.c:97): srvr: fatal recv error. sock=3 err=Connection reset by peer (131)"

after reboot , the problem will solve , but I don't want to reboot

Why will cause this problem ? and how to avoid  ?

Please advise

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Fix is deployed in 4.1.7-h2. If you wish to read up on 4.1.8 release notes and feel you need the fixes deployed in that iteration, please upgrade to 4.1.8. If you're running active/passive, there is a hotfix (4.1.8-h1) to fix the config sync issue.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L1 Bithead

working @ PA2050 version 4.1.7

Could it have to do with this case which was resolved in 4.1.8?

"

43575 – After upgrading to PAN-OS 4.1.7, the management interfaces (web interface and CLI) sometimes stopped responding due to a conflict between the authentication and logging processes.

"

Fix is deployed in 4.1.7-h2. If you wish to read up on 4.1.8 release notes and feel you need the fixes deployed in that iteration, please upgrade to 4.1.8. If you're running active/passive, there is a hotfix (4.1.8-h1) to fix the config sync issue.

2017-03-13 23:59:18.749 -0400 Error:  pan_read_full(comm_utils.c:110): srvr: fatal recv error. sock=3 err=Connection reset by peer (131)

I get this error on PAN-OS 8.0 too. Any suggestions? Upgrade again? 

Did you get this error suddenly or after the restart of the management server? Are you able to access the web interface or SSH to the box?

I got this error message as well after upgrading.  Currently at 8.0.1

L0 Member

Dear all,

I am runninng PAN-OS 8.1.2 on PA-820 firewall, I am unable to login via GUI also I could login via Putty but its not going forword after login.  

Dear Members.

Same issue happened to me with PA-2050 can't access web gui ,Management interface configured ,http htps enable as well but unable to ping and unable to access web interface 

Hi, 

I had the same error after restarting management server on PA-820 and I am running version 8.1.6

Reuven Elkabetz  |  Principal Security EngineerPalo Alto Networks ® |  Yigal Alon Street 94a | Tel Aviv 6789155|  ILWorking hours: Sun-Thu 09:00AM - 06:00PM   | www.paloaltonetworks.com

L1 Bithead

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue. Was anyone able to identify the root cause and how to solve it?

L2 Linker

Same problem here on Panorama 10.

A restart doesn't help. SSH is not reacting after typing user + password, if I press 2 times ctrl+c then there comes up a prompt and the message "Cannot connect to management server".

My auto backup stopped a week ago, so I think the problem started there.

Is there any way to get a fresh backup via maintenance mode?

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!