Cisco - trunk- PA - trunk - Juniper SRX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Not applicable

Please help to configure PA-2050 for trunk ports between cisco and juniper.

Which type of interface I should to use for this config.

We can not use VirtualWire interfes, because from one side one port is connected to Cisco and for Juniper we have two ports. (Juniper Cluster)

Thanks in advance.

Bek.

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

I suggest defining L2 or L3 interfaces to connect to the Cisco and Juniper.  You will need to define virtual sub-interface(s) for each VLAN on the trunk.  Thanks.

L5 Sessionator

Best one should be L2 interfaces, mean palo will be "transparent " then no routing

Else, L3 interfaces with sub per vlan.

V.

Problem is that Cisco and Junip uses trunk port with allowed 2 vlans.

PA-2050 doesn't allow Agregate interface. To Cisco looking 1 port and 2 ports looks for Junip cluster.

How can I configure interfaces in PA to allowe 2 vlans in one port?

Starting in PAN-OS 5.0, aggregate Ethernet is supported on the PA2020 & PA2050.  You may need to upgrade to 5.0.

See this Tech Notes on how to create virtual sub-interfaces for L2 and L3 modes.

Thanks.

rmonvon thank you for answer. I think we should update our PA and than try to connnect with aggregate interaface.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!