Commit fail error "Duplicate user name"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Commit fail error "Duplicate user name"

Not applicable

Hi. all..

I Have a question about User-id.

I am configured LDAP setting about PA-2050.(OS Version 4.1.9)

Sometimes I saw the messages about  commit fail error when I set up a user-id through security policy.

The error message is "duplicate user name".

I guess the problem is occurred when user's laptop used the wired and wireless connection to AD server at the same time.

Using WMI or NTLM options whether the issue is resolved?

How can I resolve duplicate user name error ?

Thanks..

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi Insuyoon,

Can you attach the snapshot of the error you are seeing during the commit? Also are you using Panorama to push config to the device? If that is the case, can you check for the case (capital or small letters) between panorama and device. Thanks.

Sorry..

I wasn't captured the error message. And I'm not used the panorama.

How can check the user-id who caused the problem?

Can I find the reason through CLI command ?

Thanks

Hello Sir,

Are you using the any parameter  i.e domain/username in capital latter ( in security policy)...? If so, could you please use lower case and let us know the result.

Thanks

Thanks..

It is very useful information.!!

I'll check the case-sensitive of  user information in AD Server and PA.

L7 Applicator

If you are getting any errors like the following:

Error:Duplicate user name 'intranet\USER01'

The problem here is that "USER01" is capitalized (upper case).

If you make sure that all usernames are in lower case, then the error should go away.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!