Connected by GlobalProtect but can't get access in spcecific port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Connected by GlobalProtect but can't get access in spcecific port

L2 Linker

Hello brothers.

I'm connected with GlobalProtec VPN, i can access to the local network from the external, i can ping on local machine, i can use rdp for some servers, but when i want use  mstsc for an @IP:port, for exemple 10.0.0.1:10100 in order to run some remote application, i can't do that, also i can telnet on 10.0.0.1 by 10100 port.

NB: when i use an internal machine i can access via  mstsc for an @IP:port, but with globalprotect i can't.

Thanks for help.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator
Sounds like the app "ms-rdp" is only allowed for service "application-default on the VPN firewall.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator
Sounds like the app "ms-rdp" is only allowed for service "application-default on the VPN firewall.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@hamza-zidane,

To go along with what @Remo already pointed out, make sure that the device is actually getting identified correctly in the application logs. 

Hi brothers,

That's help me resolve the problem, but now i have another problem, normaly i have 2 types of users using vpn, type must get full access, and the second type access only for some specific port.

when i modify the security rule i try to add users but i can't find local users.

how can i solve this problem plz

Thanks.

@hamza-zidane,

They should show up I believe, but I can't be much help as I don't actively utilize local users for anything. If needed I would open up a TAC case and see what they can tell you on this one. 

Also note that users won't always show up in the dropdown and you sometimes simply have to enter the user in and hit okay. That dropdown box usually works, but you can expect it to show incorrectly occassionally. 

Hi,

we just need to enter the user name manually 🙂

@hamza-zidane,

Glad to hear that worked. Keep in mind going forward that the dropbox usually works, but if you run into the situation going forward always try to manually enter the information and see if it will validate the configuration. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!