Content Image Uploaded. Failed to Install Image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Content Image Uploaded. Failed to Install Image

L0 Member

I have a PA500 that has been offline for some time with Content version 695-4002. Am trying to reinstate it and upgrade with latest Content and Application but continually get failures.

The device is still under support and we managed to update it to v8.0.17 but need to get it to v8.1.x.

We have tried using dynamic update method , manual upload , install from Panorama and cli.

Failure messages include 'Failed to Schedule an install job' and 'Timed out while getting config lock'.

I am quite sure problem relates to the current content version is 695-4002 and i am trying to get to 81xx-xxxx.

Has anyone come across this ?

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @RussellBrown ,

I'm guessing you've already came across this article and tried the steps described ?

Software Download Error: upgrading from 8.0.15 to 8.1.0 requires a content version of 769 or greater...

I'd recommend reaching out to support if the problem persists.

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

hi Kiwi

the problem is the firewall will not install any content update at all.

i have tried to install 8138, 8139 etc without success.

i will try search for 769 on palo support site see if that helps.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!