convert configuration from set syntax to xml

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

convert configuration from set syntax to xml

L0 Member

dear community,

please help with any idees how can convert a config file with "set"  syntax into xml format. 

i know that i can extract  the config direct in xml format 🙂 i need this solution to migrate some configuration that care only available in "set" format ..don;t ask me why 🙂

many thank for all your feedbacks 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@catalin_patru,

Unless you are well versed in the configuration file itself and can manually convert them yourself, I'm thinking your best option is to issue the set commands on another box and look at the diff to see exactly what the set commands are actually doing. 

Kind of confused on why you would ever need to convert set into XML while not having access to the base XML that generated the set commands or required use of an XML file? If I couldn't readily convert the configuration into XML from set by hand, why wouldn't you just issue the set commands and export the candidate configuration so that you had the complete XML file? 

i can extract the config in xml if i have access to the firewall..but i don't have access , i can benefit only of a "set"  config.  never the less, i find it hard to believe that palo alto does not have and does not make available a tool that can convert a config from a certain format to another format.. both being configurations generated from their OS.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!