Creating a support case forwards me to LIVE community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Creating a support case forwards me to LIVE community

L1 Bithead

Hello,

We have a Panorama premium support and recently trying to create a TAC case and request for engineer on the support portal.

But recently we are unable to create one and instead recommend us to use the LIVE community.

is there still a way we can create a support ticket and set a call with a TAC engineer?

for your advice.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SIIX_Support,

They've progressively made opening an actual TAC case more annoying. As long as you have support through PAN and not a partner, you should still be able to go through 'Get Help' on supportcases.paloaltonetworks.com and actually get to the point where you can select the 'File a Support Case' once everything is filled out.

Alternatively you may have purchased Partner Support during your last renewal cycle. They've been pushing smaller accounts to these 'Partner Enabled' support plans where you'd only be able to open support cases through your partner or ASC. If they need help from PAN themselves they turn around and open a ticket on your behalf.

I've heard mixed things on partner support, but general consensus (from what I've read) has been that they've been easier to work with for most people than PAN and the level of support in most cases has been better for folks through partner support. 

Community Team Member

Hi @SIIX_Support ,

I believe @BPry is correct. 

Looking at the entitlements linked to your email address it seems that you have backline support. 

Please reach out to your ASC (Authorized Support Center) to open a support case.

Kind regards,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!