Device Certificate: can't replace old device cert by putting in newly generated OTP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Device Certificate: can't replace old device cert by putting in newly generated OTP

L1 Bithead

I did a dumb thing. I wanted to extend the validity period of the current device certificate, so I went to live.paloaltonetworks and generated a new OTP. However, back on the firewall, I find that the "get certificate" button is not available. It just shows that the current certificate is valid. I think the mismatch is generating these errors in the system log:

CloudAuthService Server certificate validation failed. Dest Addr: app-registry-service.apps.paloaltonetworks.com, Reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain

How do I delete or reset the current device certificate and reinstate the "get certificate" button so I can enter the new OTP? 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @tomsheldon ,

Can you try using the CLI ?

admin@PA-LAB> request certificate fetch otp <value>

This should trigger the job 'Device-certificate-fetch'.

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @tomsheldon ,

Can you try using the CLI ?

admin@PA-LAB> request certificate fetch otp <value>

This should trigger the job 'Device-certificate-fetch'.

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Thanks Kiwi,

I had tried that command the other day without success, but your messages reassured me I should try it again.

This time, I typed "request certificate fetch" (without otp) and it worked.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!