Does Global Protect Agent downgrade automatically on transparent mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I have issue about Global Protect.

So I want to downgrade Global Protect Agent.

I have tested result for one PC what doesn't downgrade automatically, right?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello cheon,

The GP client should downgrade automatically without prompting the user to downgrade the client in transparent mode. It is back end process that happens silently without interrupting the operations of the VPN user. Can you be more elaborate on how you tested the downgrade ?

Thanks

Tilak

Hello Tilak,

I could not downgrade GP agent on transparent mode.

I had changed only two configurations. Upgrade mode was changed from prompt to transparent and global protect client on device menu downgrade low version.

Thanks

Hello cheon,

Since this is client downgrade which is not working, I suggest you open a support case to confirm if this is an expected behavior or a bug that has to be addressed. If this is an expected behavior and is not supported, then you can file a feature request.

Thanks

Looking at the timestamp of this 'not closed or archived' thread. I confirm this is (still) not working after 8 years. The clients do not downgrade automatically to the activated version on the firewall in transparant mode. In interactive mode users will offered a pop-up.

I assume the OP never filed a feature request or it never got through. Can anyone from PA verify/confirm this ?

Tested on Pan-OS 9.1 and GP 5.2.4.

L1 Bithead

Hello, did this work? allow transparently does not seem to work for downgrading from 6.0.1 to 5.2 versions.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!