cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Enquiry on Password Expiry and Change Period

L2 Linker

Description:

I have queries on Password profile This has to do with the settings “Required Password Change Period (days)”. We created a password profile to test this setting and to avoid affecting the rest of the users. We set this setting to 3 (days). We then created a testuser and applied the password profile to this testuser and commit. After 3 days, instead of being prompted to change the password, the testuser account is locked out. According to the description here https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-2/pan-os-web-interface-help/device/device-password-profi..., we are supposed to be prompted to change password, not get locked out. After checking around, I see from this post https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/panorama-administrators-user-required-password-c... that it has been documented previously, but no solution was posted there.

3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @Purushotham ,

For the test accounts, did you create using local database auth? If so, you cannot assign password profiles to administrative accounts that use local database authentication (see Device > Local User Database > Users). If you try it with a user assigned a auth profile of SAML/LDAP/RADIUS/ETC. it should work. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi,

CX did not create using local database auth.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I have yet to see Palo Alto implement a prompt for an admin user for a password expiration. I have a calendar reminder to do it.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!